Can You Make a List of 50 Fun Things?

This afternoon I was reading mamaTRUE, a blog by Sonya Feher who I know through Attachment Parenting International and their blog, API Speaks. Her post from today was titled “50 Fun Things” and in it, she lists 50 different things that she considers fun. Of course everyone’s definition of fun may differ (her 32nd fun entry is math) but I found her post to be very inspirational. It took me several minutes to just think of one fun thing that I do or like to do. Not that I don’t like to have fun but with so many other things on my mind lately, it was a more difficult exercise than I originally thought.

While I’m working on my list of 50 Fun Things, I wanted to ask if you can make a list of 50 fun things? Do you think it would be easy to do this list or might it take you some time (like it is taking me). I don’t have 50 yet but here is a start.

50 Fun Things – Getting Started

1. Dancing
  2. Playing poker
  3. Reading medical journals
  4. Playing practical jokes on friends and family (I know I know, not fun for all involved but fun for me hehe)
  5. Going to the movie (by myself, with friends, family, kids, I don’t care)
  6. Roller coasters
  7. Playing board games with my kiddos
  8. Video games (yes, I love video games)
  9. Stalking the Weather Channel website looking for updates on storms (weather geek here)
  10. Reading fantasy/sci-fi books

Okay so I’m only 20% done with my list but I will finish it.
10.

{ 7 comments }

Alison Kerr January 18, 2010 at 7:42 am

As a parent, it’s sometimes hard to remember how to have fun! I wonder if I can think of 50 ways.

Melissa January 19, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Let me know if you come up with a list!

Robin January 18, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Reading medical journals?!

Melissa January 19, 2010 at 12:13 pm

LOL. I really do enjoy reading medical journals. It’s the info junkie in me. ;)

Sonya January 19, 2010 at 9:35 pm

I’m so glad you liked the post Melissa. Having a list of 50 fun things is already helping me think of more fun things. I’m going to have to do a follow up post soon. It turns out that I find lots of things fun! Reading medical journals is not one of them. Creepy pictures and so much terminology I need a medical dictionary. What a wonderfully quirky thing to have on your list. I look forward to reading the other 80% of your list!

Carole January 19, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Ooh, I’m a Weather Channel junkie, too. And I don’t read medical journals but do follow scientific journals like Conservation Biology, Ecological Restoration, Science, and Nature. I just love to know what’s new. The only thing is, sometimes I find myself writing in a voice that sounds like those journals……

larry January 20, 2010 at 10:07 am

gee, I thought that spending time with my mom and dad would be at the top of the list. Oops, anyway, having my kids spend time with my mom and dad. I KNOW that spending time with your kids is at the top of ours.

{ 1 trackback }